Haff disease: rhabdomyolysis after eating buffalo fish.

The western journal of emergency medicine

PubMedID: 25247039

Herman LL, Bies C. Haff disease: rhabdomyolysis after eating buffalo fish. West J Emerg Med. 2014;15(6):664-6.
Haff disease, rhabdomyolysis after ingesting certain types of fish, was first reported in 1924 in Europe. There have been a limited number of cases reported in the United States. We present the case of a patient who presents with symptoms of rhabdomyolysis after eating cooked buffalo fish purchased at a suburban grocery market.