Respiratory arrest following ingestion of wild mushrooms in 3 dogs (2006-2011).

Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care (San Antonio, Tex. : 2001)

PubMedID: 24102893

Brandin AC, Meola SD, Mazzaferro EM. Respiratory arrest following ingestion of wild mushrooms in 3 dogs (2006-2011). J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio). 2013;.
OBJECTIVE
To describe the clinical course, treatment, and outcome of 3 dogs with respiratory arrest following mushroom ingestion.

CASE SERIES SUMMARY
Three dogs were presented for mushroom toxicosis that developed respiratory arrest. Two of the dogs were treated with diazepam just prior to the development of respiratory arrest; 1 dog received no medications prior to respiratory arrest. Of the 3 dogs, 1 was euthanized and the remaining 2 recovered fully with assisted and mechanical ventilation.

NEW OR UNIQUE INFORMATION PROVIDED
This is the first documentation of respiratory arrest associated with mushroom toxicosis in dogs.